The Executive Chef online test is made up of 400 timed, 15-second questions that cover content executive chefs in the employment of top restaurants and hotels are expected to know. The questions cover cuisine, employment and supervisory practices and common U.S. health laws.
Testing Process: Online test contains 400 15-second, multiple-choice questions and will take two hours. There will be a 12-minute break at the mid-point in the timed, online test. Once you begin the test you will not be able to stop except during the timed break. As soon as you complete the questions, the online test will give you an instant score; an 80% correct score is required for certification.
- Must be a Member in Good Standing with the USCA for Two (2) Years
- Must Pay Executive Chef Testing Fee: $300
- Must be certified as a Executive Sous Chef for two years
- Must Undergo Testing: 400 Multiple Choice Questions in One and a Half Hours
- Must Pass Online Executive Chef Test with 80% Score or Higher
- If Failed, unlimited Executive Chef retesting fee of $150/test
- Certification is Valid for Three (3) Years, Mandatory Retest to Stay Current with the USCA
- Must Provide a Headshot Picture for ID Card
- Executive Chef Certified by the USCA ID Card
- Executive Chef Certified by the USCA Certificate Valid for Three (3) Calendar Years
- Professional Title: Your Name, Executive Chef, certified by the USCA
- Signed cookbook from USCA founding chef Jimmy Nadell, “Aspen Celebrity Cuisine”