The Executive Culinarian online test is made up of 500 questions that cover content executive chefs in the employment of top restaurants and hotels are expected to know. The questions cover cuisine, employment and supervisory practices and common U.S. health laws.
Testing Process: Online test contains 500 15-second, multiple-choice questions and will take two hours and ten minutes. There will be a 12-minute break at the mid-point in the timed, online test. Once you begin the test you will not be able to stop except during the timed break. As soon as you complete the questions, the online test will give you an instant score; an 80% correct score is required for certification.
- Must be a Member in Good Standing with the USCA for Two (2) Years
- Three years professional experience under direction of an Executive Chef.
- Executive Culinarian Testing Fee $400
- Testing: 500 Multiple Choice Questions in Two Hours & Twenty minutes or 15 Seconds per question
- Must Pass online Executive Culinarian Test with 80% Score or Higher
- If Failed, Executive Culinarian Retesting fee $200/test
- Certification is Valid for Three (3) Years, Mandatory Retest to stay current
- Must Provide a Headshot Picture for ID Card
- Executive Culinarian Certified by the USCA ID Card
- Executive Culinarian Certified by the USCA Certificate Valid for Three (3) Calendar Years
- Professional Title: Your Name, Executive Culinarian, certified by the USCA
- Signed cookbook from USCA founding chef Jimmy Nadell, “Aspen Celebrity Cuisine”
US Regional Cuisine
- New England
- Basic Recipes
- Mother Sauces
- History of Cuisine
- Basic Food Knowledge
- Kitchen Management
- Supervisory Practices
Once you pass the Executive Culinarian testing for certification, you will receive your certification in the mail. (If you fail the test, you will be invited to retake the test as many times as you wish for $250 per test.)