The Executive Sous Chef online test is made up of 200 timed, 15-second questions that cover content executive chefs in the employment of top restaurants and hotels are expected to know. The questions cover cuisine, employment and supervisory practices and common U.S. health laws.
Testing Process: Online test contains 200 15-second, multiple-choice questions and will take one hour. Once you begin the test you will not be able to stop. As soon as you complete the questions, the online test will give you an instant score; an 80% correct score is required for certification.
- Must be Current with all USCA Associated Fees for minimum one year
- Must Pay Executive Sous Chef Testing Fee: $200
- Must Undergo Testing: 200 Multiple Choice Questions in One and a Half Hours
- Must Pass Online Executive Sous Chef Test with 80% Score or Higher
- If Failed, unlimited Executive Sous Chef retesting fee of $100/test
- Certification is Valid for Three (3) Years, Mandatory Retest to Stay Current with the USCA
- Must Provide a Headshot Picture for ID Card
- Executive Sous Chef Certified by the USCA Picture ID Card
- Executive Sous Chef Certified by the USCA Certificate Valid for Three (3) Calendar Years
- Professional Title: Your Name, “Executive Sous Chef Certified by the USCA”
- Signed cookbook from USCA founding chef Jimmy Nadell, “Aspen Celebrity Cuisine”
Once you pass the Master Culinarian testing for certification, you will receive your certification in the mail. (If you fail the test, you will be invited to retake the test as many times as you wish for $100 per test.)